Browse Items (26 total)

  • Tags: Library History
Newspaper clipping about the cornerstone for The Samuel T. Busey Memorial Library being laid on July 23, 1917.
Newspaper clipping about the opening of the Samuel T. Busey Memorial Library
Busey Mansion at 502 W. Main Street, the residence of Mary and Samuel T. Busey.
Photo of the Gill Building aka the Knowlton and Bennett Building, 135 W. Main St.
Photo of Masonic Temple at 201 W. Main St
Portrait of the Busey family with Samuel T. Busey and Mary E. Busey
Photo of Mary E. Busey, William L. Abbott, Chairman, Carrie T. Alexander of Belleville, Frederic L. Hatch of Spring Grove, and Laura T. Evans of Taylorville (left to right)
Portrait of Joseph Oscar Cunningham (1830-1917). Upon his death, Cunningham left his library of 300+ books of American history to the soon-to-be opened Samuel T. Busey Memorial Library.
Photo of The Urbana Free Library at 203 S. Race Street
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2