Great Western Clothing Store

Title

Great Western Clothing Store

Description

The southwest corner of Main and Market Streets faced the Illinois Central Station, and in 1862 was Champaign’s most active business district. The first floor housed the Great Western Clothing Store owned by Sol Bernstein; the second floor held the law office of M. Garst; and the third housed the Masonic Lodge.

Rights

All images are provided for personal and educational use. Users planning to reproduce/publish images in books, articles, exhibits, videos, electronic transmission or other media must request permission by emailing archives@urbanafree.org

Format

photograph

Files

25_GreatWesternStore.jpg

Citation

“Great Western Clothing Store,” Champaign County Historical Archives, accessed February 3, 2023, https://urbanafree.omeka.net/items/show/124.

Output Formats

Social Bookmarking