Browse Items (20 total)

  • Tags: The Urbana Free Library

Young Men's Library Association of Urbana Charter (1872) 1-2_COPY.jpg
This is the founding charter for The Urbana Free Library. The document is signed by all the member's of the Young Men's Library Association of Urbana, including Frederick Eubeling, Frank Jaques, and Samuel Busey.

Urbana Library Association Book Stamp.jpg
These embossed stamps were found in the books lent out by the subscription library. They helped identify which books belonged to the new library
1908 pamphlet from the Urbana Commercial Club with the first mention of the proposed new library.
Tiernan’s Block, 115 W. Main St., the first official location of The Urbana Free Library. The library was on the second floor from 1872-1876. The building was remodeled by Joseph Royer in 1913.
Photo of The Urbana Free Library at 203 S. Race Street
Photo of Masonic Temple at 201 W. Main St
Portrait of architect Joseph Royer taken for 1910 Elk's Convention in Urbana
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2