Browse Items (26 total)

  • Tags: Library History
Portrait of architect Joseph Royer taken for 1910 Elk's Convention in Urbana

Cunningham Book Stamp_1.jpg
This bookplate was placed in all the books donated to the Samuel T. Busey Memorial Library from Joseph Cunningham

Number of Visitors (August-Sept 1874)1.jpg
Count of daily visitors to the library in August and September of 1874
1908 pamphlet from the Urbana Commercial Club with the first mention of the proposed new library.

Young Men's Library Association of Urbana Charter (1872) 1-2_COPY.jpg
This is the founding charter for The Urbana Free Library. The document is signed by all the member's of the Young Men's Library Association of Urbana, including Frederick Eubeling, Frank Jaques, and Samuel Busey.
Photo of The Urbana City Building at 107-109 S. Market St.
Photo of The Urbana Free Library at 203 S. Race Street
Portrait of Joseph Oscar Cunningham (1830-1917). Upon his death, Cunningham left his library of 300+ books of American history to the soon-to-be opened Samuel T. Busey Memorial Library.
Photo of Mary E. Busey, William L. Abbott, Chairman, Carrie T. Alexander of Belleville, Frederic L. Hatch of Spring Grove, and Laura T. Evans of Taylorville (left to right)
Portrait of the Busey family with Samuel T. Busey and Mary E. Busey
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2